If you have a VPN subscription, you can configure it directly on your router to protect all your devices (even if they don’t support VPN connections themselves). This VPN connection runs 24/7 and can even be configured to auto-reconnect if it drops. The only real knock against this router is it’s not supported by an Tomato or DD-WRT (they don’t support any Asus AX models yet). This is the custom firmware project that started this frenzy. It’s still a very powerful option with tons of features. The current version was once merged with another independent project, LEDE.
- Once you imported the file, click the “Upload” button.
- CrDroid ROM Android 11 based custom ROM of Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1 Pro builds by the AdiAtul developer of XDA.
- You can check the forum post for detailed discussions and user reviews regarding the PE ROM before downloading and flashing it.
- All the Gapps Applications are the property of Google.
- In some routers, this feature includes Parental Controls.
Don’t install this firmware file on any other phones. In this article, I will display step by step instruction guide on how to unroot the Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 with just one click.
- Besides that, you can check out OnePlus, Motorola, Nothing, Realme, and Asus devices for good custom ROM support.
- If you are running any custom ROM, jump to the next step.
- The blobs should be pulled into the ~/android/lineage/vendor/asus folder stock firmware.
- You can select from the menu you are in to reboot the device, at which point you’ll be greeted by an Android setup screen.
The RT-68U is an AC1900 router, meaning it’s capable of 1900Mbps (theoretical) max wireless speeds. It is a dual-band router with both 5ghz and 2.4ghz bands. These can even be set up to to operate as separate wireless networks (a different SSID for each). Since we’re talking about custom firmware projects built by enthusiasts the interface is never as friendly and intuitive as the one provided by your router manufacturer. If you have problems with the original firmware you’re most likely to feel more confused when using an alternative firmware. Recovery is not always impossible, but it’s best to avoid this scenario if you can.
You can also use the Asus flash tool to fix your bricked Asus phone. There are multiple versions of the Asus flash tool are available which you can download here. Here you will get to know everything about Asus Flash Tool including the guide on how to use Asus Flash Tool. So, if you are new to flashing and updating firmware then this guide is where you can start. But first, you need to download Asus flash tool from the download section and then check out the guide.