China implemented a series of measures in the past two years, which simplified corporate income tax, labor taxes, value added tax declarations and e-delivery of invoices. The tax relief postpones various tax filing and payment deadlines that occurred starting on September 4, 2017. The IRS gives affected taxpayers until https://quick-bookkeeping.net/ January 31, 2018, to file most tax returns that have either an original or extended due date occurring on or after September 4, 2017, and before January 31, 2018. The IRS is also extending to Jan. 31, 2018, the deadline for individual taxpayers to make estimated tax payments due Sept. 15, 2017, and Jan. 16, 2018.
By authorizing H&R Block to e-file your tax return, or by taking the completed return to file, you are accepting the return and are obligated to pay all fees when due. H&R Block Free Online is for simple returns only. Federal pricing will vary based upon individual taxpayer circumstances and is finalized at the time of filing. When submitting your request for an extension, be sure to include payment for any taxes due by the original tax due date to avoid interest or penalties. Are you concerned that you won’t get all your documents together in time to file your return before the due date? Or maybe you just don’t have time to complete your taxes?
Self-employed persons have the opportunity to fund SEP and SIMPLE IRAs as well as solo 401 plans through the deadline for a timely filed extension. Let an expert do your taxes for you, start to finish with TurboTax Live Full Service. Or you can get your taxes done right, Taxpayers Have More Time To File In 2017 with experts by your side with TurboTax Live Assisted. File your own taxes with confidence using TurboTax. Just answer simple questions, and we’ll guide you through filing your taxes with confidence. Whichever way you choose, get your maximum refund guaranteed.
- If you contribute to an employer-sponsored retirement plan like a traditional or Roth 401, December 31 is typically the last day to make a qualified contribution.
- If you pay an IRS or state penalty because of an error that a TurboTax tax expert or CPA made while acting as a signed preparer for your return, we’ll pay you the penalty and interest.
- Both the e-file and Free File electronic filing options are available until Oct. 16, 2017, for anyone filing a 2016 return.
- Our partners cannot pay us to guarantee favorable reviews of their products or services.
However, one of the biggest reasons that spouses elect to file separately is because one person is concerned he or her spouse will either file a false tax return or never file. For those of you who receive a W2, more likely than not you will have already paid your federal tax liability through your withholdings. However, individuals who are self-employed or have investment income may have an outstanding tax liability.
U.S. Department of Justice
For those who filed last minute, the IRS will consider your paper return on time if it was properly addressed, had enough postage, was postmarked and put in the mail by the due date. For e-filers, the agency says the date and time in your time zone when your return is transmitted determined whether it was on time. More information on the tax rules that apply to U.S. citizens and resident aliens living abroad can be found inPublication 54, Tax Guide for U.S. Citizens and Resident Aliens Abroad, available on IRS.gov. Taxpayers who are looking for return preparers abroad should visit theDirectory of Federal Tax Return Preparers with Credentials and Select Qualifications.
- In 2017, the Mauritius Revenue Authority issued a new Guideline for VAT repayment claims based on the level of company risk.
- The IRS can help if your document search fails.
- The relief also includes the quarterly estimated income tax payments due on January 16, 2023, and the quarterly payroll and excise tax returns normally due on January 31, 2023 and on April 30, 2023.
- If taxpayers do not file a return within three years, the money becomes property of the U.S.
- WASHINGTON — The Internal Revenue Service today announced that individuals have until May 17, 2021 to meet certain deadlines that would normally fall on April 15, such as making IRA contributions and filing certain claims for refund.
Browse our topics and subtopics to find information and data. All deposit accounts through Pathward are FDIC insured. For tax years beginning after 2017, applicants claimed as dependents must also prove U.S. residency unless the applicant is a dependent of U.S. military personnel stationed overseas.
Unclaimed 2017 refunds
Most state programs available in January; software release dates vary by state. State e-File for business returns only available in CA, CT, MI, NY, VA, WI. If you discover an error in the H&R Block tax preparation software that entitles you to a larger refund , we will refund the software fees you paid to prepare that return and you may use our software to amend your return at no additional charge. Additionally, foreign trusts and estates with federal income tax filing or payment obligations, who file Form 1040-NR, now have until May 17, 2021. The IRS encourages taxpayers to file electronically.